Welcome to the website Words That Heal: Affirmations for Personal Growth and Transformation. The purpose of this website is to communicate information about the healing power of affirmations and positive self-talk. Over the past forty years I have used affirmations to help myself and others to manifest what we want and to heal old, outmoded beliefs. Now I would like to share this powerful technique with you, so that you can apply it your life and to the lives of those you love.
Douglas Bloch, M.A.
Here is where you can find daily affirmations that will support you in your healing and transformation.
- Best Affirmations for Quitting Smoking - One area that I would like to share with you has to do with affirmations for quitting smoking. I have worked with a number of smokers in the affirmations workshops I have taught.The simplest and most powerful nonsmoking affirmation is simply, “I am a nonsmoker.” But the real power of it comes with using the […]
- Best Affirmations for Practicing Gratitude - People often ask me what are the best affirmations for practicing gratitude. I answer by saying that thankfulness is one of the key ingredients for our progress along the path. So often we lose sight of what we have to be grateful for—our health, friends, material comfort, and most importantly, the gift of life itself. […]
- Creative Visualization Contributes to Gold Medal - The technique of creative visualization and affirmations are closely related. One might even call them fraternal twins. While affirmations work by repeating the spoken word, creative visualization works by creating pictures in the mind that reflect the outcome that one is seeking. Creative visualization is a technique that is employed by elite athletes in many […]
An Affirmation is a positive thought or idea that you consciously focus on in order to produce a desired result. The affirmation is a simple yet powerful tool that can heal and transform your most deeply held beliefs.
Affirmations are based upon the following principles:
1. Your outer reality is a direct reflection of your predominant thoughts and beliefs.
2. Change your thoughts and you change your reality.
Creating affirmations to heal your life is a simple and enjoyable process. What follows is a method that I have found to be quite effective.
The topic of your affirmation can involve a
Did you know that 75% of the messages that children receive before the age of seven are NEGATIVE? Fortunately, any caring parent or caregiver can turn this around by teaching children positive affirmations.
Affirmations empower children to direct and control their inner self-talk, which in turn build high self-esteem and self-confidence.
This service is provided to you FREE of charge. Here is a list of the free affirmation newsletters that are available to you.