Welcome to the website Words That Heal: Affirmations for Personal Growth and Transformation. The purpose of this website is to communicate information about the healing power of affirmations and positive self-talk. Over the past forty years I have used affirmations to help myself and others to manifest what we want and to heal old, outmoded beliefs. Now I would like to share this powerful technique with you, so that you can apply it your life and to the lives of those you love.
Douglas Bloch, M.A.
Here is where you can find daily affirmations that will support you in your healing and transformation.
- When One Door Closes Another Door Opens - One of my favorite affirmations is "When one door closes, another door opens." I love this affirmation so much, thatI used it as the title for my first meditation in the book Words That Heal. Here is the meditation in it's entirety, along with the healing affirmations that accompany it.
- Best Affirmations for Guidance - In this post, I want to talk about affirmations for guidance. The times they are a changing. During this period of uncertainty, many of us are seeking reliable ways to receive guidance and direction in our lives. But with our familiar signposts in chaos and turmoil, there is only one certain way to obtain the […]
- An Affirmation For Getting Through a Depressive Episode - I am writing to share an affirmation for getting through a depressive episode that was a lifesaver for me. Years ago I was experiencing a hellish episode of agitated depression. My pain was not only unbearable, it felt like it was never going to end. Just when I was about to give up, I remembered an affirmation that […]
An Affirmation is a positive thought or idea that you consciously focus on in order to produce a desired result. The affirmation is a simple yet powerful tool that can heal and transform your most deeply held beliefs.
Affirmations are based upon the following principles:
1. Your outer reality is a direct reflection of your predominant thoughts and beliefs.
2. Change your thoughts and you change your reality.
Creating affirmations to heal your life is a simple and enjoyable process. What follows is a method that I have found to be quite effective.
The topic of your affirmation can involve a
Did you know that 75% of the messages that children receive before the age of seven are NEGATIVE? Fortunately, any caring parent or caregiver can turn this around by teaching children positive affirmations.
Affirmations empower children to direct and control their inner self-talk, which in turn build high self-esteem and self-confidence.
This service is provided to you FREE of charge. Here is a list of the free affirmation newsletters that are available to you.