Best Affirmations for New Year’s Resolutions
As we begin 2014, you might ask yourself, “What are the best affirmations for the new year?” The answer to this question is that any affirmations that you decide to use to set your New Year’s resolutions is a good affirmation. Affirmations are a wonderful way to express your new year’s resolutions. Instead of saying, “I wish I could lose more weight,” or I plan to save more money,” an affirmation expresses your goals in the present tense, as if you already have them. Here is a very simple process that will help you to create your affirmations for the New Year.
1) Pick an area of your life that needs healing.
The topic of your affirmation can involve a relationship, your health, work, finances, peace of mind, etc. For an example, let’s choose the area of relationships. Perhaps you have been carrying around some old anger that you are now ready to release.
2) Decide what you want to occur in that area of your life. What would it feel like if that part of your life were healed?
In our example, you probably want to let go of the anger and experience peace and forgiveness.
3) State the desired outcome in the first person and present tense.
As you write your words, keep in mind the following points: Thus, you say “I am filled with peace” instead of “I will become filled with peace.”
4) Experience how it feels. Once you have written your affirmation, say it to yourself a few times and listen to your response. When you have found a good affirmation, you will feel a sense of rightness in your gut.
5) Repeat your affirmation each day. Say it to yourself, say it out loud, or write it down. Repetition is the mother of learning. When you repeat an affirmation, it impresses its thought pattern on your mind and transforms your previously held beliefs.
6) Turn the final outcome over to a higher power. For this reason, I always conclude my affirmations with the following statement: This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways for the highest good of all concerned. This way, I know that my will and the will of the universe are aligned.
I hope this was helpful to you. Let’s get off to a good start in 2014 by clarifying exactly what we want and stating that goal as a clear and concise affirmation.
Leave a Reply