Watch this video on how to create an affirmation
How to Create a Healing Affirmation
Using affirmations to heal your life is a simple and enjoyable process. What follows is a method to create a healing affirmation that I have found to be quite effective.
1) Pick an area of your life that needs healing. The topic of your affirmation can involve a relationship, your health, work, finances, peace of mind, etc. For an example, let’s choose the area of relationships. Perhaps you have been carrying around some old anger that you are now ready to release.
2) Decide what you want to occur in that area of your life. What would it feel like if that part of your life were healed? In our example, you probably want to let go of the anger and experience peace and forgiveness.
3) State the desired outcome in the first person. As you write your words, keep in mind the following points:
a) The first and most important principle in structuring an affirmation is to state it in the positive. When you say, “I am not angry,” the subconscious mind screens out the “not” and hears “I am angry.” To prevent this from occurring, rephrase the affirmation to directly state what you want—e.g. “I am peaceful now.”
b) Second and just as important, write affirmations in the present tense, as if they were happening in this moment. Thus, you say “I am filled with peace” instead of “I will become filled with peace.”
4) Experience how it feels. Once you have written your affirmation, say it to yourself a few times and listen to your response. When you have found a good affirmation, you will feel a sense of rightness in your gut. If the affirmation doesn’t quite feel right, you can fine tune it by altering one or two words. Thus, “I am experiencing peace,” may work better if stated as “I am at peace” or “I am peace.”
5) Repeat your affirmation each day. Say it to yourself, say it out loud, or write it down. Repetition is the mother of learning. When you repeat an affirmation, it impresses its thought pattern on your mind and transforms your previously held beliefs. The more you use your affirmation, the more rapid and powerful the healing will be. Soon those words will become a living presence in your awareness. Later, you will actually become those words. If you repeat the affirmation, I am peace, you will become peace. When you say, I am love, you are love.
6) Turn the final outcome over to a higher power. How many times have you thought you wanted something, only to realize later that having it would have been a major fiasco? Oftentimes, we affirm a certain want or desire when in fact the universe has something entirely different planned—something, which is for our higher good. For this reason, I always conclude my affirmations with the following statement: This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways for the highest good of all concerned. This way, I know that my will and the will of the universe are aligned.